Thursday, April 06, 2006

Learning about Myself and God

17 Baha 163 B.E. April 5-6, 2006

Inside the cocoon, the larva becomes a butterfly. Specifically how the process of transformation works for the butterfly larva, I do not know. I do know how the process is working for me. Lately I have noticed my self-talk, I have look at the way thoughts flow through my mind, especially concerning what I believe about myself and what I am capable of achieving.

Specifically when I started looking at my self-talk I do not know. I do know that I have a tendency to focus on personal limitations or what I think are limitations. I have found through experience that the limits I set on myself are, in many cases, artificial and none existent. God has a way of proving this, by forcing me to go beyond the limits I have placed on myself. Tests and difficulties push me beyond my artificial limits by forcing me to do things I thought I could not.

The more I focus on self-perceived limitation, the more I encounter situations that force me to go beyond those limitations. So rather than focusing on myself and my limitation, I have learn and still am learning to focus on God and the power of God in my life. As I confront the test and difficulties in my life I am learning not only about myself, but I am learning about God as well. Without God’s help, I could achieve nothing.

No comments: