Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Tuesday Meditation: Meditation on Inspiration

Fiḍál (Grace), 15 Kalimát (Words), 173 BE - Tuesday, July 26, 2016 AD about 5:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time 

What  is inspiration? The dictionary give an uninspiring definition for inspiration. One of the online dictionaries say it has to do with mental stimulation which results in creating a painting or a poem. That is a beautiful scientific answer, but it doesn't satisfy the soul. It doesn't satisfy  the   poet in me. I could meditate all day on the subject and come up with an answer that only inspires me, but I don't  know if it  would be inspiring to someone else. Maybe each poet, artist, or novelist has to find his or her own inspiring definition of inspiration. 

God's word inspires 
The individual to take 
Personal responsibility 

I find inspiration in God's word  for many of my poems and stories. I suspect that's where most of my inspiration comes from because I can write easier when I pray, read the sacred scriptures, and meditate. Thinking about the scientific definition of inspiration you could say that reading the scriptures stimulates my mind to write poetry and stories. I think that inspiration goes deeper than my brain or mind. I think the scriptures stimulate my soul which inturn stimulates my mind. 

No comments: