Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sunday Contemplations and Speculations on Regrets

Jamal (Beauty), 18 Raḥmat (Mercy), 173 BE - Sunday, July 10, 2016 about 12:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time 

Another week begins with another chance to move forward in my spiritual and writing accomplishments. I haven't did a good job of making every-other-day blog entries to my Poet 999 blogs. I also haven't did a a good job of editing the novel I'm supposed to edit this year or working on the 44 short stories I'm supposed to write. I'm not going to mention or dwell on the reasons, or perhaps I should say excuses, in this entry. If I did that then the entry would exceed 100,000 words, which is too long for a blog entry. 

Since it's a new week, it's a fresh start. A fresh start means I work from where I left off last week without worrying about what I didn't accomplish. Worrying about unaccomplished or unfinished projects is just another form of regrets. Regrets cause a person to focus on what didn't get done rather then what needs doing. I would rather focus on what I need to accomplish rather then what I didn't accomplish. Regrets causes a person to waste time on what wasn't accomplished then what needs accomplishing. 

Leave regrets behind 
Don't look back at yesterday 
Do what needs doing today. 

No comments: