Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sundry Sunday: The Fourth Sunday of January 2016

Jamal (Beauty), 6 Sulṭán (Sovereignty), 172 BE - Sunday, January 24, 2016 about 10:02 AM Pacific Standard Time

It's the fourth Sunday in January 2016
on the east coast they are digging
of the Blizzard of 2016,
while here in Las Vegas
the temperature is a brisk 56 degrees
with the sun shining
on ground that isn't covered
by snow.

Brisk may not be a precise description of the weather here in Las Vegas. To me the air feels cold and enlivening, but I'm not sure how fresh it is. I think there is something in the air that's causing my sinuses to act up; however, I could feel that way because it's too cold to open the door to let the fresh air in. It will be too cold to open the door until Wednesday or Thursday when the temperature is predicted to rise into the mid sixties.


The sun is shining,
but I don't hear birds singing:
Are they still asleep?

I haven't heard the birds sing in the morning for several weeks, not since the morning temperatures descended into the fifties. Maybe the birds like higher morning temperatures. If that's the case then they won't sing until afternoon when the temperatures rise into the high fifties or low sixties. All though, I don't think the temperature is supposed to get above 58 or 59 degrees today. Oh ell, it will get hot soon enough, I guess I should enjoy the cooler pleasant temperatures while they last. It doesn't do any good to grip about the weather anyway.

Enjoying the sun
and the beautiful blue sky
without snow cover.
 

No comments: