Friday, October 24, 2014

Waking up on Friday morning

Istiqlal (Independence), 9 'Ilm (Knowledge), 171 BE - Friday, October 24, 2014 about 6:30 am Pacific Daylight Time

It's Friday morning, I can hear my joints creaking as I walk from my computer to the coffeemaker. I pour myself another cup of wake up you have places to go and people to see. Wake up you can't drive when you're sleepy. I'm not sure that another cup of coffee will help me wake up this morning. I'm tired from five days of working the early voting polls in Clark County Nevada.

I can't decide whether to go back to bed or eat breakfast. I want to stretch and yawn, but I don't want to go to sleep. I'm not sure whether I could go to sleep if I laid down for a few minutes. I stretch and yawn, but it doesn't wake me up. After I finish stretching and yawning, I want to stretch and yawn some more. I doze off in the middle of a sentence; fortunately, I haven't fell out off my chair or laid my head on the keyboard.

I have to drive across town on business, but I need to wake up some more before I get into my car. I need to purchase gas so I'll have to stop at the grocery store or the bank to get money for gas. I need to stop at the grocery store for another container of coffee and something else I forgot when I went to the store on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm behind on a writing projects and I need to finish both of them today. I don't have the energy to make my self do anything except sit at the keyboard and doze. If I attempt to lye down then I can't fall asleep because I know I have a lot of work to do. I can't do the work properly if I'm half asleep while I'm doing it. I think I cook myself a couple of eggs and a ground turkey burger to see if that helps me wake up on this beautiful Friday morning.

2 comments:

The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

Hey Neva ... I lost your phone number ... call me or email at kumanakaya@yahoo.com ... I owe you a cup of coffee!

The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

I still think you should publish these! They are wonderful!