Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Midweek Reflections: Technology is Wonderful When it Works

'Idal (Justice), 12 Mashíyyat (Will), 171 BE - Wednesday, October 8, 2014 about 2:18 pm Pacific Daylight Time

Technology is wonderful when it works and sometimes the only thing keeping it from working is connecting it properly. I haven't been able to use my printer since I moved into my studio apartment. I didn't know the reason until I decided to move it from the desk with the old computer to the computer I use to get online.

What was the reason I couldn't use it? The printer was connected to the power, but not to the computer.  I disconnected the power cord from the printer, moved the printer, and then realized I was missing a connection. The cord that is supposed to connect the printer to the computer was laying on my old desk waiting to be plugged into the printer and the computer. I figured out the problem after I moved the printer and I wasn't going to move it back to the old desk. This explains why I had an extra cord laying around.

Since I don't use the other computer to get online and plan to download everything on it to a portable back-up drive (I know that isn't the name of the piece of equipment I'll use, but I can't think of the name right now), there isn't any use moving the printer back to the other desk. I am happy, at least for now, so I will post this and get on with my writing or housekeeping.

No comments: