Saturday, October 04, 2014

Saturday Morning Contemplations on Coffee and other necessities

Jalal (Glory), 8 Mashíyyat (Will), 171 BE - Saturday, October 4, 2014 about 5:37 am Pacific Daylight Time

It's still dark outside, which makes having the front door open interesting. I can see lights in the apartments across the street coming on. I can hear the rooster in the next block announcing the approach of first light. I can hear the noise from I95 echoing through the neighborhood. Listening to these noise comforts me as I sip my Saturday morning coffee.

This morning my coffee is a bit stronger then normal. That is because I lost count of the number of tablespoons I put into the coffee maker's basket when I brewed the coffee. I did not add water after the coffee was brewed for two reasons. (1) If I add more water the coffee will be too weak and drink coffee that is too weak is worse then drinking coffee that is too strong. (2) If I made the coffee stronger then normal it means that I needed to drink strong coffee this morning.

An open front door
necessary to for my muse
wake up before dawn.

Watching the arrival of dawn is necessary. Dawn, even on a rainy day, brightens the morning and send positive vibrations through every living creature. I think that is why roosters crow because they want everyone to experience the joy of watching the dawn of a new and fresh day. My attitude always improves when I can experience the arrival of dawn. That is why I like to wake up early and, even on the coldest days, open my front door.

No comments: