Monday, November 12, 2012

Machine Washable

Kamál (Perfection), 9 Qudrat (Power), 169 BE – Monday, November 12, 2012 about 10:35 A.M. Pacific Time

I want my entire wardrobe to be machine washable. I do not want to take clothes to the dry cleaners. With the exception of compression stockings, I do not want to wash clothes by hand. I do not want to take a damp rag and wash a piece of clothing off. I want everything to be machine washable.

I am giving away every piece of clothing in the house (except my compression stockings) that I cannot wash in an automatic washer. I do not have the time or the money to take clothes to the dry cleaners. I do not have time to wash sweaters by hand and then lay them out to dry. I do not mind washing the sweaters in the machine and then laying them out to dry. I do not want any more coats that say, “If dirty take a damp rag and wash it off” because I know I will not wash the coat off with a damp rag. Instead, I will simply hang the coat in the closet whether it is dirty or not.

The compression stockings are the exception because, the doctor says, I have to wear them. I can wash them out in the bathroom sink at night, hang them in the shower, and they will be dry by morning. It is a simple procedure, almost as simple and easy as washing clothes in a machine and drying them.

No comments: