Saturday, November 10, 2012

Cloudy and Chilly in Las Vegas

Jalál (Glory), 7 Qudrat (Power), 169 BE – Saturday, November 10, 2012 about 4:08 PM Pacific Time

It isn’t cold in Las Vegas; it’s chilly and the sky is mostly cloudy. I’m wearing a long sleeved dress and a sweater. I haven’t worn the sweater all day. Until about ten minutes ago, the sleeves of the dress kept my arms warm. I think the problem is the humidity, it’s high enough for it to effect me.

The sweater with the long sleeved dress is enough to keep my arms warm. I’m 65 years old, so the chill in the air has a greater effect on me then it would someone younger. My mother, who is 91 years old, has been cold all day. Mom gets cold quicker then I do, so today I wrapped her in a cap and put a blanket over her legs. Those seemed to keep her warm, but since sunset is coming on, I’m getting ready to put her to bed.

At night, Mom keeps warmer in bed then setting up in the wheelchair. That’s because she is covered with a sheet and blankets. Right now, she only has one blanket over the sheet at night, but as the months get colder I will put more blankets over her. I suppose I can look forward to feeling colder as I get older.

No comments: