Tuesday, May 04, 2010

I’m trying get a hearing aid for Mom

Fidál (Grace), 7 Jamál (Beauty), 166 BE – Tuesday, May 4, 2010 about 8:37 AM Pacific Time

Mom has an appointment with a different hearing aid store this afternoon. I don't know if the outcome will be any different, but I'm hoping this place my have some other ideas or know of some funding or grants to get Mom a hearing aid.

I'd like to get Mom a new hearing aid, on fitted especially for her, but that may not be possible. If we can't find a grant or qualify for funding, then I'm going to have to get Mom a reconditioned hearing aid because she needs a hearing aid.

Mom can't hear very well, so she doesn't always answer questions or respond to comments that's said. She responds to what she thinks people are saying instead of what they do say. As a result, people think her Alzheimer's is worse then what it is. A hearing aid in her right ear would help.

Actually, Mom needs two hearing aids, one for each ear. However, she can hear better with her right ear then her left ear. An over the ear hearing aid in the right ear would letter her hear what is being said and so that she can respond appropriately.

No comments: