Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Mother is eating us out of bread and peanut butter

Jalál (Glory), 6 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 167 BE – Saturday, May 22, 2010 about 9:31 AM Pacific Time

Mom's favorite food is peanut butter; she can eat it on or with anything. Mom eats a peanut butter sandwich or peanut butter and crackers without any difficulty. She picks at the rest of her food, she will get a bowl, plate, or cup of whatever I fix and nibble at it.

I fixed macaroni and vegetables yesterday, Mom ate very little of it. She did eat several peanut butter sandwiches. This morning I peeled an orange for her, she is eating that, with her peanut butter sandwiches. When we go out to eat, Mom eats most of what she orders and then brings the rest home.

I took her to the doctor last week and she weighted 99 pounds. Mom needs to gain more weight, but I do not think peanut butter sandwich are going to put the weight on. Mom needs to eat a bigger variety of foods, the problem is getting her to eat. Mom takes a medication to increase her appatite, when Mom gets hungry she eats. She eats peanut butter sandwiches.

No comments: