Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A nightingale on my garage roof

Fidál (Grace), 9 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 167 BE – Tuesday, May 25, 2010 about 8:56 AM Pacific Time

I saw a nightingale sitting on my garage roof. He was just sitting there looking around, after I noticed him he flew away. All month, I have heard him or another nightingale singing, but this is the first time I have witnessed one sitting on my garage roof. I guess he was looking for one of the neighborhood cats, not that he or his offspring are in any danger from them.

The cats in this neighborhood are not strays; each cat belongs to someone in this area. The cats roam all over the neighborhood and even get on my garage roof. Because the cats are well fed none of the local birds are in danger of becoming cat food. If the cats chase the birds, it is a half-hearted attempt to show the birds that the cats are the bosses.

No comments: