Thursday, May 27, 2010

A do-it-yourself project

Istiqlál (Independence), 12 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 167 BE – Thursday, May 27, 2010 about 10:21 PM Pacific Time

Most of my do-it-yourself projects consist of creatively combining ingredients for food. However, I did try a different type of do-it-yourself project on Wednesday, May 26. I installed a new doorknob in my front door. I had to install a new knob because I had no key for the old doorknob, so I could not lock the door.

I was a bit nervous about installing the doorknob because of the fiasco with the bookcase. I put a bookcase together several years ago and it did not go well. The shelves sag in the middle and I could not get the sliding door in the bottom shelf. Apparently, installing  doorknob is much easier then putting a bookcase together.

I installed the doorknob. The front door locks and unlocks when I use the keys that came with the knob. I can now lock my door when I want it locked. Since I have a security screen that locks securely, I now have double protection on that entrance.

No comments: