Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother’s Day 2010

Jamál (Beauty), 12 Jamál (Beauty), 167 BE – Sunday, May 9, 2010 about 6:00 PM Pacific Time

Mom and I stayed home today and I fixed one of her favorite meals. Mom likes fried potatoes and gravy, therefore, I fried some finger potatoes with a couple of cans of chicken. After that was cooked, I made gravy using canned milk. Mom enjoyed the meal and she enjoyed talking to my brothers and sister.

All three of my sibling called Mom today and she talked with them and with a few of her grandchildren. My mother has eight grandchildren and five great grandchildren. I know Mom would enjoy having all of them in town at the same time, but that is difficult to arrange. Perhaps the best thing to do would be to send Mom to visit them at different times of the year.

Mom's getting a new hearing aid next week and in about ten days she will have a new pair of glasses. The hearing aid and the glasses will make life a little easier because she will hear and see better. Mom's still going to have to use a magnifying glass to read, but then I think I may have to get a magnifying glass myself because the words in some of the magazines are so small.

No comments: