Saturday, October 24, 2009

Tests, Difficulties and Dentures

Jalál (Glory), 9 ‘Ilm (Knowledge), 166 BE – Saturday, October 24, 2009 about 2:24 PM Pacific Time

I found out long ago that life is full of tests and difficulties, which assist in the development of my soul. These tests and difficulties help me develop spiritual attributes. These tests and difficulties come in expected and unexpected ways.

I never expected to encounter difficulties with my dentures. The problem I have is the denture adhesive; I have not found a denture adhesive I can use. I have to accept the possibility that I may not be able to use safely any type of adhesive to hold my dentures. If that is the case, I am going to have to learn to use my dentures without an adhesive.

The problems I am having with my dentures is to help me develop a spiritual attribute. I am not sure which spiritual attribute, but probably persistence. I still have a couple of different types of denture adhesives to try. I am also learning how to eat again; I am learning to chew my food slowly. One advantage of chewing slowly is enjoying the taste of the food.

No comments: