Thursday, October 22, 2009

It finally feels like Autumn

Istijlál (Majesty), 7 ‘Ilm (Knowledge), 166 BE – Thursday, October 22, 2009 about 2:30 PM Pacific Time

Today felt like fall, it didn't look like fall because the leaves on the trees are still green. This morning the temperature in the house got down to 72 degrees, which is a nice fall temperature here in Las Vegas. I checked the thermostat a few minutes ago and it read 75 degrees. I doubt that it reaches 80 today. October is half over and it's just starting to feel like fall.

Fall in the Las Vegas
desert temperatures descend
winter approaches.

I put one heavy quilt on the bed, however I suspect I may have to put one of the lighter blankets under it before the end of the year. It doesn't get as cold here as it did in Oklahoma, but the temperatures do reach the freezing point of water once or twice in the winter. Therefore, I think I'd better prepare for it now. I don't like getting up in the middle of a cold night to find another blanket.

No comments: