Sunday, November 26, 2006

Meditation

4 Qawl 163 B.E. - November 26, 2006

Writing in a journal is or can be a form of meditation. It’s an action meditation and rather than emptying your mind of all thought before beginning you use the journal to writing every thought down. That is the gist of an article posted in one of my Yahoo groups. The title of the article is Mapping the Inner Journey. The article didn’t give specific on how to start a writing meditation, it just said to start writing.

When I meditate, I contemplate the sacred writings. I also chant the Most Great Name. The writing meditation sounds intriguing. It’s something I could use after reading a verse of the sacred scriptures. So how would I begin using the writing meditation in conjunction with the scriptures?

First, I would say a prayer revealed by either Baha’u’llah or the Bab.
Second, I would read the scripture over two or three times.
Third, I would set a few minutes contemplating the verse
Fourth, I would type the scripture into my journal.
Fifth, I would free write for about 5 minutes or so on the verse putting into my journal everything that came to my mind.

No comments: