Thursday, November 23, 2006

Knowledge

1 Qawl 163 B.E. – November 23, 2006

I did a Google search on “How to cook a Turkey in a microwave”. I come up with several different sources telling me how to fix the turkey. The sources said I could fix use a microwave to cook a turkey, but neither my mother nor myself had ever fixed a turkey that way. We had a 12 lb. turkey and the sources said that a microwave would cook a 10 to 12 lb. bird.

What we did (my mother and I) was to cut the bird up and then cooked the drumsticks. We cut the drumsticks and the wings off. We still have to cut the rest of the turkey in half. We’re going to fix the breast in the microwave and put the back bone in the slow cooker and fix macaroni.

Anyway, for Thanksgiving lunch we had turkey drumsticks and green beans. There is only two of use and we don’t eat a lot, so there is no since in fixing a big meal. The rest of the turkey is in the refrigerator and we’ll cook it tomorrow.

Today I gained a interesting piece of knowledge. I didn’t know one could cook a turkey in a microwave. Now that I know that I’m more likely to have turkey more often. I don’t like cooking a big turkey in an oven, it’s way too much work. However, cooking a turkey in a microwave is easier and with just two people it’s better.

No comments: