Friday, November 24, 2006

Light

2 Qawl 163 B.E. - November 24, 2006

God wants us to be happy! Light is one of the gifts that the Divine Essence gave us to make us happy. There is so much sadness in the world today that one doesn’t often remember that happiness is a spiritual attribute rather than a physical attribute. Happiness is light in the soul of the individual. It is joy and luminosity. Happiness changes the outlook of the soul and the mind of a person; at least I know it does mine.

I find many things in my life I find joyous. The two things that I often look to change my mood when I’m in a depressed mood is the sacred scriptures and my cats. If I’m depressed and read a prayer of Baha’u’llah, the Bab, or ‘Abdu’l-Baha my mood changes. In order to change my situation, and myself I have to look at the writing of Baha’u’llah and apply them to my life. It isn’t always easy, but it is possible if I just keep going and not give up.

No comments: