Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Endings are always depressing

Fiḍál (Grace), 4 Ayyám-i-Há (The Days of Há), 173 BE - Tuesday, February 28, 2017 CE about 9:57 AM Pacific Standard Time 

Ending are always depressing, 
Saying good-bye 
To a month, 
A person 
Or anything 
Brings tears to my eyes. 

Today is the last day of Ayyám-i- for another year. It ends at sunset and the month of ‘Alá’ (Loftiness) begins which Is the month of the Fast. In addition a new Gregorian month begins. My mother was born on March 19 in 1921 this year she would have been 96 years old. This year March 20 is the vernal equinox which is Naw-Ruz. Naw-Ruz means New Day and it is the New Year I celebrate. 

As I think about saying good-bye to an old year, I wonder what other endings will occur in over the next nineteen days. I wonder if all the endings I encounter in March will be sad. I hope not because endings are usually beginnings and beginnings should not be sad. 
 

No comments: