Sunday, March 27, 2016

Soul Sunday: Easter Sunday March 2016

Jamal (Beauty), 8 Bahá (Splendour), 173 BE - Sunday, March 27, 2016 about 8:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time

I've decided to change the Sunday theme from Spiritual Sunday to Soul Sunday. I'm not sure whether it will help or hinder me in making every-other-day post to this blog. However, I will give it until the end of 2016 to see. Changing the theme of the post has nothing to do with today being Easter Sunday. I've been thinking about this for sometime, but hadn't decided on the theme until today.


Another Sunday
memories of my childhood
carrying Easter baskets

It's interesting that the fondest memories of my childhood are concerned with chocolate bunnies, colored eggs, Easter egg hunts, and Easter baskets. I know that my grandparents took us to Easter Sunday services every year, but those memories don't return easily. If I sit and quietly meditate then I can remember snatches of songs that the choir sing, but I don't remember anything else about the services. Perhaps I need to do a free write that begins with a verse from a song I remember and see what comes back as I write.

No comments: