Monday, March 28, 2016

Motivational Monday: A Good Start to a New Week

Kamal (Perfection), 9 Bahá (Splendour), 173 BE - Monday, March 28, 2016 about 8:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time

I've had a good start this week. On Sunday I wrote over 2,000 words and finished a short story for a contest on writing.com. Today I wrote a 296 word flash fiction and entered it into another contest. I still have another short story to write this week, but I'm sure that I can get it done by Friday.


Writing motivation
just sit down at the computer
open a blank document and begin to write.

The voice of doubt has faded. It isn't telling me how hard it is to come up with an idea. It isn't telling me I can't write the piece I'm planning. I don't know how long that irritating voice will be silent, but while it's silent I'll write. When I'm not writing then I'll read, say prayers, or watch television. As long as I can keep my mind focused on something then the voice will remain silent.

Television gave me
the titles for two poems
that I wrote last week.

Within the past couple of weeks I have found two titles and a plot for a story while watching television. I don't watch sitcoms anymore instead I tend to watch documentaries, news programs, or reality shows. I think I like the reality shows because they are nothing like the reality I'm experiencing in my life.

No comments: