Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Midweek Reflections on Painful Memories and Letting Go

'Idal (Justice), 4 Bahá (Splendour), 173 BE - Wednesday, March 23, 2016 about 3:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time

The writing.com newsletter arrived in my e-mail box this morning. I read the spiritual newsletter before doing anything else. The title of this week's newsletter is "Painful Memories". In the newsletter the editor discussed the importance of letting our past mistakes and stumbles go. One of the questions she ask was how do we deal with painful memories? My answer to this question is place the issue in God's hands.


Let it go
Place it in God's hands
The past cannot be changed

Letting go of painful memories, as was stated in the newsletter, is difficult. The editor suggested that prayer helps some people let go. I know that prayer works for me because I have let go of some excruciating with the help of prayer. I still have a lot of these memories left, but I am slowly letting go of the past and the pain.

No comments: