Sunday, August 16, 2015

Spiritual Sunday: Meditation, Prayer, Writing, Reviewing, and Coffee

Jamal (Beauty), 16 Kamál (Perfection), 172 BE - Sunday, August 16, 2015 about 8:44 am Pacific Daylight Time

This morning, I poured myself a cup of fresh brewed coffee and then I went to the front door. I opened the door, whispered a morning prayer, and then stood there sipping hot coffee while I watched the morning light of God's favor illuminate the street in front of my apartment. I watched a pigeon I watched a pigeon fly to the roof of the apartment building across the street. I took a deep breath of the cool morning air.

My Sunday morning prayer and meditation session over, I went to the computer to do a little writing and reviewing. This morning I responded to a blog prompt sent by one of the blog groups on writing.com. The next thing I did was to review a non-fiction essay and a poem by two new writing.com members. My next writing task was to compose and post this entry.

Before beginning to create this blog entry, I went to the kitchen to pour myself another cup of coffee. While in the kitchen I added some of yesterday's leftover coffee to the carafe containing today's fresh brewed coffee. I don't see any use in pouring yesterday's coffee down the sink when I could warm it over with today's coffee. Normally I don't have coffee left over from the day before, but yesterday was a weird day.

On Saturday, I went to get air put in my tires and then I went to the bank to deposit a check. My cellphone won't allow me to take a picture of a check and deposit it remotely. After depositing the check I went to the supermarket so that I could pay the power bill and purchase some needed items. About halfway through my shopping trip, I began feeling ill. I cut the trip short and came home. The only things I felt like doing when I got home was drink water and doze. I attempted to do a little writing, but I didn't do very much.

This morning, I'm feeling much better. I can finish the coffee today and eat something. I didn't eat much yesterday. I think my problem yesterday was the heat because I left the house a bit later then I normally would on hot days. Today I plan to stay home so that I can get some work accomplished inside my apartment.


No comments: