Monday, August 17, 2015

Excessive Heat Warning Continues Through Wednesday

Kamal (Perfection), 17 Kamál (Perfection), 172 BE - Monday, August 17, 2015 about 6:51 pm Pacific Daylight Time


Listen
to the air conditioner
singing its summer song.

It's another hot day in Las Vegas. I have the air conditioner set on ECONO mode which means it's supposed to shut off when it reaches the desired temperatures. The outdoor temperature at 5:56 pm was 108 degrees Fahrenheit and it was supposed to get up to 110 degrees today. I don't know if it reached that because I haven't watched the news and I only check the temperature on line twice a day.

I wonder
as I listen to the central air unit
if this excessive heat is a sign of global warming.

When I lived in the studio apartment, I turn off the air when I wasn't working on the computer. I don't turn the air conditioner off when I'm doing housework, watching television, praying or meditating during the day. I let the air conditioner run and don't worry about the power bill because I paid it this month. I'll deal with next month's power bill when it arrives.

No comments: