Monday, May 09, 2011

I miss my mother

Kamál (Perfection), 12 Jamál (Beauty), 168 BE – Monday, May 9, 2011 about 2:22 PM Pacific Time

Last Monday, May 2, I called an ambulance to take Mom to the hospital. I thought she was having a heart attack. I wasn’t a heart attack, the doctors at the hospital sent Mom to a Care and Rehabilitation center. Today is one week in the Care Center. Mom is seeing a physical and voice therapist. I don’t know when she will be released.

I spend the morning with Mom, but I still miss her here at home. I know she wants to come home. When she does come home, she will spend five days in an Adult Daycare Center. The Daycare Center has a nurse, so there is someone there to give Mom her medication and see that she gets the proper exercise. I know Mom isn’t going to like going to a daycare center, Mom doesn’t like being in the Rehab center because she would rather be home.

It’s good for her to get out of the house. At the Daycare, she will get exercise and participate in other activities. Mom will receive three meals a day and be with other people. Once she gets used to going to the Daycare, she will enjoy the experience.

No comments: