Friday, May 06, 2011

Update since my last post

Istiqlál (Independence), 9 Jamál (Beauty), 168 BE – Friday, May 6, 2011 about 11:30 AM Pacific Time

My last post was on Sunday, May 1. It has been a busy and stressful week. On Monday, May 2, I called an ambulance for Mom and they took her to Valley Hospital. I thought Mom was having a heart attack because she indicated she was having chest pain. She was not having a heart attack.

On Monday evening, the hospital transferred Mom to a rehabilitation hospital and care center. Mom is still there and has two therapists working with her. One is a physical therapist and the other is a speech therapist. Monday I spent all day at Valley hospital and then on Tuesday morning I went to see Mom before my 10:00 AM appointment.

Wednesday and Thursday, I spent the morning at the rehabilitation center. On Thursday, Mom seemed to be doing better because she was out of bed; in addition, Mom went to the gym with the physical therapist. I am going to see Mom this afternoon. This morning I just could not make myself get up when the alarm went off. I am still a bit tired, but I am not too tired to drive to the care center.

No comments: