Monday, December 21, 2009

No White Christmas this year in Las Vegas

Fidál (Grace), 11 Masá’il (Questions), 166 BE – Monday, December 21, 2009 about 7:47 PM Pacific Time

According to the weather report, which arrived in my e-mail box tonight there going to be no white Christmas. There might be a few flake, but that doesn't constitute a white Christmas in the Las Vegas valley. That means if I want to see snow on either my birthday (December 24) or on Christmas, I have to drive to Mount Charleston.

When I was growing up, in Blackwell, Oklahoma, I enjoyed playing in the snow. I still enjoy the snow, only now I enjoy sitting inside with a cup of hot chocolate and watching it snow outside. Since no snow is forecast for Christmas, I'll just drink hot chocolate and dream about the snow.

We don't celebrate Christmas, so we won't be going out Christmas Day. However, I think we'll go out on Christmas Eve. I have a gift card to one of the local restaurants and I want to use it before the end of the year. I think we'll go out for lunch rather then in the evening.

No comments: