Sunday, December 20, 2009

Fresh Fruit Salad for Christmas

Jamál (Beauty), 9 Masá’il (Questions), 166 BE – Sunday, December 20, 2009 about 10:05 AM Pacific Time

I remember Grandma making fresh fruit salad. I'm not sure whether she made it for Christmas or Thanksgiving; I just remember watching her cutting up the fruit for the salad. When Grandma made the salad, she peeled the apples and then cut them into chunks. Grandma always peeled the apples because she couldn't swallow the peeling.

I picked up a Christmas fruit boxes from Angel Food Ministries yesterday. It has apples, oranges, grapefruit, tangerines and pears. I'm going to make a fruit salad this year. Sometime I have trouble swallowing the apple peeling, but I'm not sure whether I'm going to peel the apples or not.

In addition to the fruit, Grandma put tiny marshmallows, shredded coconut, and nuts. I have the nuts here, but I don't have shredded coconut or marshmallows. Therefore, I'm going to have to get both of those on Wednesday after my check arrives. I'm going to use yogurt for the salad dressing. I'm not sure if Grandma used yogurt for the fruit salad dressing, but I don't think she did. Grandma made her own dressing for the fruit salad and I can't remember how she made the dressing.

No comments: