Saturday, June 03, 2006

Saturday Cleaning

18 Azamat 163 B.E. – June 2 – 3, 2006 A.D.

I cleaned out my e-mail bulk folder today. This is the first I’ve gotten to the bulk mail folder in a week. Usually I do this folder once a day, but its been an interesting week. I’m not sure that interesting is the right word here. I don’t know what’s been wrong this past week, I just haven’t wanted to do anything, but play games. Consequently, I have to go through lots of e-mail and, at the very least, clean out the bulk mail folder. I suppose I could do a mass delete, but that would mean I wouldn’t catch anything that’s not supposed to be in the bulk folder.

I can’t say I haven’t did any writing this whole week. I’ve managed to post to my writing.com blog approximate once a day, but I’m in a blog contest and I am required to respond to a leading entry each day. I don’t want to put off responding daily because contest is only about three week long. Besides I’m attempting to stop procrastinating and this is a good chance to practice immediate action.

Anyway, back to the yahoo bulk mail folder. Some mortgage company sends mail dated Mon January 18, 2038; this ensures that their e-junk is always on top of the queue. Maybe I should send them a thank you note, these I can delete without even opening them and that saves a little time. I’m not going to respond to their offer, so there is no use reading them. Unfortunately, the rest of the e-junk isn’t that easy, becomes sometimes there offers I accept.

Other offers I don’t open are those that don’t have a senders address or a subject line. In addition, there are specific subject lines that I won’t even look at. All these aside, the rest of the e-junk is, at the very lest, interesting. By interesting, I mean that it does one of two things. It makes me either laugh or it arouses my curiosity. The one’s that make me laugh or arouse my curiosity I will look at even if I don’t accept the offer. If someone is creative enough to come up with a funny or interesting subject line, they deserve rewarding by me reading their e-mails.

It’s a good thing I did go through the bulk mail folder, because I found several e-mails that weren’t junk. This happens sometimes, I’m not sure why, but it always pays to go through the e-junk to see what’s in that folder. When I find a e-mail that doesn’t belong in the folder I move it to the inbox for reading.

However, going through the bulk folder is boring, extremely boring even when I find e-mails that don’t belong there. Usually before I get to the end, I want to do a mass delete. I’m to that point now, but I’m not going to do a mass delete. I’m going to go ahead and check everything in the bulk mail folder. It’s a good exercise in discipline, if nothing else.

No comments: