Monday, June 12, 2006

Virtue Cards

8 Nur 163 B.E. – June 11 – 12, 2006 A.D.

A couple of years a go I got a deck of virtue cards. Each card has a virtue on it such as moderation or reliability. In addition to the virtue, the explanation or definition of the virtue, it has a picture of an animal, which represents the virtue, and a scripture verse. On the back of the card is a list of activities a person can do the practice that virtue and a sentence or two a person can say to help practice the virtue.

I thought I’d lost those cards, but recently I found them again. Not sure, how I intended to use them when I originally bought them, but now I’m going to use them as prompts for blog entries and poems. The Virtue Project, Inc. (http://www.virtuesproject.com/
) put out the cards. The set of cards I own have a 1997 copy write date. I think there is a book that goes along with the cards, but I bought only the cards.

This is how I choose a virtue card to use as a prompt.

  1. shuffle the deck of cards
  2. cut the cards
  3. spread the cards on a table
  4. close your eyes
  5. pick a card
  6. read the information on the card
  7. begin a free write on the virtue, this can be a 5, 10, 15, 20, or 30 minutes free write.

No comments: