Friday, June 16, 2006

Interesting Dreams

12 Nur 163 B.E. – June 15 – 16, 2006 A.D.

I has several interesting dreams last night. I didn’t get to bed until about 10:30 or 11:00 p.m. on the 15th. When I did get to bed I didn’t sleep straight through the night. Dreams kept waking me up. These were complicated or long dreams, all of them were short quick dreams. I don’t remember all but I do remember three or four of them.

The first dream that wake me up was the sound of glass breaking. It sounded like a window being broke rather than a glass falling off a table. After the dream woke me up, I realized I hadn’t taken the telephone into the bedroom with me, so I got up. I walked through the house looked at all the windows, none of them were broken and then I checked to garage door to make sure it was closed. I got the telephone off its charging cradle and took the phone into the bedroom.

In the second dream, I knew that I was asleep but I was chanting the Tablet of Ahmad. This is the first dream I’ve had in which I chanted the Tablet of Ahmad. Usually if a say a prayer in my dreams it’s the Remover of Difficulties. I woke up and then went back to sleep, again I found myself saying a prayer in my dream. The next prayer I was saying was the evening prayer I recite before I go to bed at night.

In the last dream, I was setting at the computer typing. My mother said it was too dark around the computer, so she brought two lights for me to use. She said the lights on the stand I keep next to the computer desk for coffee and water. One of the lights was small, with a white and pink lacy shade. The other was a large desk lamp, the type that has an adjustable section for the bulb so that you can aim the light any place you want. She set lights on the stand, I plugged them in and then my mother turned one on while I turned on the other.

Anyway, those were the dreams I remember. None of the dreams was bad dreams they were just intriguing. When I remember a dream after I wake up, it means the dream was significant in some way. I suspect, because of the prayers and the light, that these dreams are of spiritual significance.

A fascinating side note here, when I was sitting on the divan attempting to listen to the morning news, I dozed. While I dozed, I had a dream. In this dream, my mother brought a dish of salad into the living room for me to eat. The salad was heaped on a small plate, maybe the saucer to a coffee cup, when she handed to salad to me none of it fell off the plate onto to floor. The salad contained various green veggies and croutons, but didn’t have any type of dressing. What I found out of the ordinary about this dream was the fact that none of the salad fell off the plate. If I put a salad that big on a saucer in my waking life, the salad would be all over the floor.

No comments: