Thursday, February 16, 2006

Interesting Dreams

10 Mulk 162 B.E. February 15-16, 2006 A.D.

I had an interesting dream last night or early this morning. The dream was about submitting one page story for publication in a magazine or to a contest. The dream did not reveal which magazine or contest to which I submitted the story. In the dream I saw a one page story, probably a piece of flash fiction, that I submitted. The fiction item was a mystery of some type. I woke up for a few minutes and had the same dream or a similar dream again and woke up again. The third time I had the dream, I woke up and got out of bed. This is the first time I have dreamed about seeing a one page story or, for that matter, any type of printed story in a dream.

In the past week I have had several interesting and puzzling dreams. In one dream, and this is one of those dreams that reoccurred when I went back to sleep, I was standing with a crowds of people in an airport, a bus station or a train depot (not sure which). The group of people I was standing with were Olympic athletes and we were going to some sort of Olympic events. I am not sure where we were going, but we were going to an Olympic event. My dreams are like this, when I dream of going someplace or traveling I never know my destination in the dream.

In another dream I was at my Grandparents farm, I walked to the barn to milk the cow and gather the eggs. I walked along a path that was bordered on each side by log type fences. That is the fences looked like thin round logs between two upright round posts and surrounded fields of green. When I got to the barn, its door closed and barred from the outside, I found I had forgotten the pale to hold the milk and the basket to hold the eggs. I turned around to go back to the farm house, which I could not see from where I was, I found that my way was barred by a huge spider and spider web. I turned around and found another exit from the barn area, but this exist was also blocked by a huge spider and web. In the distance I could see snow capped mountains, which looked either like the Rocky Mountains or the Alps.

Those are the dreams I remember having in the past week. It is unusual for me to have so many dreams in a single week that I remember on waking up. Throughout my life I have had other interesting and puzzling dreams. Sometimes I have had nightmares, but those are rare. Most of my dreams are not night mares, they are just puzzling and intriguing. Another interesting thing about my dreams is that most, if not all, of them are in color. I usually know that I am dreaming and on some occasions, especially when it comes to nightmares, I seem to be able to direct the dream.

No comments: