Friday, February 24, 2006

Deciding what to wear to an Ayyam-i-Ha Party

18 Mulk 162 B.E. February 23-24, 2006 A.D.

At sunset, on the evening of February 25, Ayyam-i-Ha begins. The evening of February 26 and February 28, we (my mother and me) will be attending Ayyam-i-Ha parties at the Baha’i Center in Las Vegas. I am looking forward to the party, but I have not decided what I am going to wear. I have plenty of cloths, the problem is deciding what to ware, and normally I wait until close to the time of a party to decide, but this year I think I will pick out the dress I want to wear tomorrow. This is a new tactic for me, with the exception of Naw-Ruz when I decide a few days ahead, I usually just ware whatever dress or skirt I grab out of the closet.

I have never been a person to think too far ahead when it comes to what I am going to wear any place. It just that I think I am in a rut and looking for ways to get out of the rut. If I change how I pick out the dress I wear to one party, that will go a long way to getting me out of my rut. I can still think of things to write about, so my rut is not very bad right now, but I need to make some changes before I get a case of writers’ block. If I am in a rut very long, I get writers’ block and cannot write anything.

Anyway, back to deciding what to wear. I need to pick our dresses for three upcoming events. The first is the Ayyam-i-Ha party on February 26; I am going to wear the red dress with the flower design. The second is the Ayyam-i-Ha party on February 28 and the third is Naw-Ruz. I need to decide on one outfit right now, the dress for the other two events I can decide on later. The red dress will look good with the black shoes, I will have to find a purse to go with the outfit or just carry my driver’s license and ID because the purse I carry all the time will not go with the outfit I have chosen.

No comments: