Wednesday, February 15, 2006

An Interesting Day And Uneventful Day

9 Mulk 162 B.E. February 14-15, 2006 A.D.

It’s been an interesting day and a windy day, there was a wind advisory which met that people with respiratory problems should stay in doors. I went out, had to go to Henderson this afternoon. The drive to Henderson was exciting, not that I had any problems going. We drove south on Eastern and turn left on Sunset Road. On the way traffic moved well, without any problems and I didn’t see any police cars or accidents. Traffic flowed well on Eastern.

By exciting I mean that the wind was blowing and carrying trash across the street. So I had to watch for things like palm leaves. There are a lot of desert palms in Las Vegas and most people don’t cut them, it’s a lot easier and cheaper to let the strong wind blow the dead leaves off. The leaves are large and resemble fans. Today was also trash day in my part of town, so what trash was put out blew across the road. Of course, a lot of people didn’t put out their trash because of the wind, but there was still trash blowing across Eastern in places, so you had to watch what was blowing across the street in front of you.

The route I traveled south on Eastern, took me (or perhaps I should say us because my mother went with me); anyway the route took us past McCarran airport. The sound of planes landing is quite loud and comforting in a way. I enjoy hear the noise of jet planes, it’s a nice sound for me a pleasant sound, which probably seems odd to a lot of people. But the sound of a plane landing brings back memories of seeing the Grand Canyon from the air in the day time and seeing New York from the air after dark.

It was really an uneventful day, even though it was an interesting drive to Henderson. I didn’t complain about the cost of the gas, I had to go to Henderson for only one errand and then come back home. I suppose I could have stopped and got coffee or at a grocery store, but I decided that I or rather we (my mother and I) decided that we would wait until Thursday and get coffee when we went to the poetry reading. You know I think there is a poetry reading Friday night as well as Thursday. Well any way that was my interesting and uneventful day.

No comments: