Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Tuesday's Accomplishments and my new Motorola 4G Smartphone

Fidal (Grace), 3 Mulk (Dominion), 172 BE - Tuesday, February 9, 2016 about 4:40 AM Pacific Standard Time

I still have two things left to accomplish today. I have to check my To Do List to see what they are. The most important thing I accomplished was to active my new 4G Motorola smartphone. I also managed to make two telephone calls with it, three it you count setting up the voice mail, but I'm not sure that counts since I'm don't know whether I sit it up properly or not. I'll worry about that tomorrow because the phone history will show me if anyone called.

The next task on the phone is to make sure the voice mail is set up properly and put all my phone number in my contact list. I'm not going to do that today, instead I'll print the contact number off and figure out which ones I want to put back into the phone. There are a couple I'm not sure about because I haven't talked to the people in at least three years. I guess I could call the numbers to see if their still active, but I don't want to take the minutes to do that. As it is, I'm sure I'll have to purchase more minutes or more data time for this phone. I don't mind using the minutes of the time since I can now take and upload both photos and videos with this phone.

My old phone would access the internet, but I didn't use that feature because I couldn't take videos with that phone. In fact about the only thing I used the old phone for was text, phone calls, wake up alarm, and calculator. I stopped using the alarm on the old phone a couple of months ago and found out that I didn't need it. I don't really need to use a calculator, so I won't use the calculator on the new phone. What I have to do is download some apps.

I suppose the first app I need to down load is from my bank. This phone will allow me to take a photo of a check and deposit it. I'll have to think about that for a couple of months. The truth is I enjoy making the trip to the bank to deposit a check. I don't get out of the house a lot, so trips to the bank and medical appointments are something to look forward to. I might be getting out a lot more since I have easy access to the internet and a real keyboard to use when I'm typing.

Eventually I plan to use the phone to compose blog entries. I think I might need to download an app for that. I have to make a list of the apps I want to download, so that I don't forget which ones. I'm going to have fun learning to use my new phone. Getting a new piece of technology is fun. The two problem I foresee when it comes to posting to my blog from my smartphone is (1) my atrocious spelling and (2) my grammar issues.

No comments: