Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday at Last

Istiqlal (Independence), 6 Mulk (Dominion), 172 BE - Friday, February 12, 2016 about 4:44 PM Pacific Standard Time


It's Friday at last
school is out for the weekend
children are playing.

All right, there are probably a lot of people happy that it's Friday. There are also quite a few people happy that it's Presidents' Day. I'm just happy that it is warm and the sun is shining. I'm tired of the cold weather, so the warmth of the past few days is a blessing and something to be thankful for.

Pleasant afternoon
Las Vegas is warming up
winter almost past.

As I sit here composing this entry my front door is open and I'm listening to the neighborhood noises. I hear children and young people playing outside while making happy noises. I hear a fighter jet, from Nellis Air Force Base, flying over. The jet momentarily drowns out the voices of the young people playing in the apartment complexes up and down the street.

No comments: