Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Scrubbing Floors on my Hands & Knees

2 Asma 164 B.E. - August 21, 2007 about 7:30 PM PDT

I've really got to start making my blog entries earlier in the day. It's somewhere around sunset in Las Vegas, which means it's probably closer to 3 Asma then 2 Asma. However, I'm not changing the date.

I scrubbed part of the floor on my hands and knees yesterday evening (August 20) at the time I was crying while I did it. OK, I've found myself in tears a lot lately. I think I'm under way too much stress or I'm letting things get to me. Anyway I found an old wash rag, that's not what my Grandmother used she had a brush especially for scrubbing floors. One uses what they have and the sponge mop wasn't doing the job I wanted it to, so I had to get on my hands and knees to do the job. I wasn't crying because I of scrubbing the floor that way.

The reason I was crying is really unimportant. What is important is that I think I like scrubbing floors, especially tile floors on my hands and knees. I know that sounds weird, but there is something calming and almost spiritual about scrubbing floors on your hands and knees.

No comments: