Monday, August 20, 2007

Feast of Asma

1 Asma 164 B.E. - August 20, 2007

I haven't posted in this blog in a while, mainly because I couldn't find the time. Part of the problem was the way I composed my posts. I wrote them in Word, then copied and pasted to the blog. I'm changing that, now I type directly into the blog. Fortunately this blog has spell check so my creative spelling will be detected and changed. I do have other problems such as a tendency to use the passive voice. I'll have to work on that.

The Feast of Asma (Names) was held at the Baha'i Center in Las Vegas last night. The Feast was wonderful, spiritual and beautiful. My mother couldn't go because she's in Vegas Valley Rehab right now. I'm not sure how long she'll be there. I have to take her walker tomorrow to see if I can handle her at home. She's been in and out of the hospital and rehab since March of this year. Hopefully she'll be home to attend the next feast at the center.


I haven't been going out much because of gas prices. I did go the the Antique Road Show on Saturday, August 18, it was held at the Las Vegas Convention Center next to the Hilton Hotel. I took two items my mother's cast iron Saint Bernard coin bank and a slide rule. Both items were appraised at more that I expected. I think I'll sell the slide rule, but the coin bank will go to one of my nieces or nephews.

No comments: