Thursday, August 30, 2007

Giant Spider Web

12 Asma 164 B.E. - August 30, 2007 about 9:30 PM PDT

I'm afraid of spiders. I have an unnatural fear of spiders. I have arachnophobia. So why do I have to read every news story about spiders? Is it my subconscious desire to overcome this fear? I'm not sure, I just know that if there is a story about spiders I have to check it out. I also have the desire to see movies about spiders. I'm not sure this is normal for someone with arachnophobia.

The giant spider web in Texas caught my eye. OK, so where else would there be a giant spider web. Texas is a giant state, not as large as Alaska mind you, but it's a giant state. I can remember when Texas was the largest state in the union. Then they made Alaska a state, but it didn't deflate Texas' ego. Before I go on with this, I'd better say I'm not from Texas I'm from Oklahoma.

Back to the spider web, I've never heard of a web that big before. I'd like to see it, it sounds interesting and frightening. I've seen some unusual scifi movies about spiders. I've read Lord of the Rings, which has giant spiders and giant spider webs in it. The movies and the stories about spiders don't seem to effect me. However, seeing spider is an entirely different thing. They send chills up my spine. Dreaming about spiders is always an indication of fear for me or at least it used to be. I haven't dreamed about them in a while. Lately my fear dreams haven't had anything to do with spiders. Check the story out, you can click on the title of this entry and it will take you to the story.

The interesting thing about my fear dreams is that I usually recite the Remover of Difficulties in the dream when I'm afraid. The Remover of Difficulties was reveal by the Bab, Baha'u'llah's forerunner. Since I read the story about the giant web I'm interested in what I'll dream tonight when I finally do go to bed. I wonder how I could use that giant web in a story or poem?

No comments: