Friday, July 06, 2007

This Moment

13 Rahmat 164 BE – Friday, July 06, 2007

I haven’t been focusing on “this moment” lately. What the proof do I have of this? I’ve been worrying and when I worry I don’t focus on the moment. I think of all sorts of things that could go wrong, etc. Another indication is silly spelling errors or typos. I’m not talking about the big words, I’m talking about easy words that I should know how to spell. Thank God for spell checkers, they catch the small stuff most of the time. The other stuff requires editing and focusing on the moment. True I’m under a bit of stress, but that is my own fault. I think the main problem was a lack of proof reading and being in a hurry.

I do have a bit of a problem with proof reading, my excuse (which isn’t really an excuse) is that I don’t have ink for my printer and can’t print off a hard copy of my work. I’m going to have to get some ink, probably tomorrow or next week, but soon. In the mean time I’m just going to have to be a bit more careful. I also think I need to clean my computer screen and my glasses.

The glasses are the main problem, I clean them and five seconds or minutes later they’re dirty again. It gets irritating sometimes. Then too I have two pairs of glasses. One pair is for reading and one for everything else. Sometimes when I type the entries to my blog or write a poem or story, I don’t change glasses. Not changing to my reading glasses has an effect on the way I edit (this isn’t an excuse either).

I need to focus on the moment, on what I’m doing now rather than stressing or worrying. It doesn’t help. It doesn’t change anything. It doesn’t solve a problem. I’ve worried about things all my life, but since I turned 60 it seems I find more things to worry about. The more I worry about, the more I have to worry about.

This worrying problem is solvable. Actually, it’s quite easy to solve. I just need to put the situation in Baha’u’llah’s hands. Once I do that and focus on what I’m doing then the solution to a situation arrives on the wings of prayer. Indeed, the wings of prayer sounds like a good title for a poem or a blog entry. I’m going to close this now, I just drink the last sip of my coffee and want more before the coffee pot turns itself off (modern technology is wonderful).

No comments: