Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Red Flag Warning

6 Kalimat 164 BE – July 18, 2007

The National Weather Service issued a red flag warning for the area. This type of warning refers to fire danger. It windy out, this is monsoon season and we’ve had fires in the mountains started by dry lightning. The humidity is up, but I doubt that it rains. While I can tell that there is humidity, it doesn’t feel or smile like rain.

We get red flag warnings a lot this time of year. We’re in a drought so monsoon season hasn’t been wet for the past several years. Not that I’m going to the Mountains. I haven’t been to Mount Charleston in a long time, I’d like to go, but I think I’d like to wait until winter when I can take a sleigh ride at the inn.

My yard is fairly clean, I had the backyard done before the 4th so it isn’t overgrown yet. I probably need the front yard done again, but I’ll have to wait until next month. I think I’ll get out there during the cool of the day and sweep up the stuff that falls from the stone pine trees. The stone pines look all right, but the olive tree and the elm tree don’t look real good. We might be able to do something for the olive tree, but I think we’ve may lose the elm. Unless I’m mistake it has Dutch Elm Disease, of course I could be wrong about that. I don’t know what the symptoms of Dutch Elm Disease is and I’m not a gardener. The truth is I’m just happy if I can keep a plant alive.

It seems hot in the house, but I’ve drank coffee all morning. OK, I was without coffee for several days. I still wouldn’t have coffee if I didn’t get a Star Bucks Card through the mail. I’ve got $0.05 left on the card. It’s a good thing it’s refillable. I’m going to put some money on it and use it as an emergency coffee fund. I’m sixty years old and there are certain things in life I’d rather not do at this time of my life. One of them is drink hot tea when I’d rather have coffee. Another is use a sponge mop or scrub the floor on my hands and knees.

Actually, if I have a choice between using a sponge mop and scrubbing the floor on my hands and knees, I’ll take the hands and knees. I don’t like sponge mops (I think I’ve written this before in this blog). It doesn’t matter how well you sweep a floor, a sponge mop just gets the floor dirty again. OK, I think have did the sponge mop rant enough for now.

I’m in a good mood this morning, which I have Baha’u’llah to thank for. I’m always in a good mood when I recite one of his revealed prayers. In fact, reciting or even reading any prayer Baha’u’llah has revealed changes my mood and outlook on life. Daily prayer is one of the laws of God, but I never know that reciting a revealed prayer could change my mood until I became a Baha’i. It’s just amazing.

No comments: