Wednesday, January 10, 2007

It's Getting Colder

11 Sharaf 163 B.E. - Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Bad new or is it good new, this depends on one’s point of view. Anyway, it’s going to get colder. Now I’m not a person to complain about something I can’t do anything about, but it’s getting a bit ridiculous. First, let’s get one thing straight, I like snow. I enjoy setting inside in a warm house and watching the snow out a picture window. I don’t ski, but I like to watch the Winter Olympic skiers going down a slop. I especially like to watch them on a T.V. set, sitting in a warm house with a cup of hot chocolate in one hand, a cat laying on my lap and stroking the cat with the other hand.

My problem right now is its cold with no snow. I am setting in a house that’s hard to heat and … well let’s just not even mention the power bill … I don’t think I’d mind the cold so much if it snowed or rained or something that would help the drought, but all we’ve got recently is a wind chill factor that gets worse when I go outside.

Now they’re talking about global warming, which has nothing to do with it getting warmer in Las Vegas. Actually here it probably means colder weather and a bigger snow pack. Now that I’ve complained about the weather, I think I’ll see if I can come up with a poem about the Wind Chill Factor.

Maybe I’ll write something about it freezing here. The weather person just gave a freeze warning for tonight. It felt like it froze last night, but may get colder tonight. I don’t leave the air up at night, I sleep under a vent and if I have a choice I rather put more blankets on the bed then have the air blowing on my face all night long.

No comments: