Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I am Tired of Junk e-mail

7 Mashiyyat 163 B.E. – October 3, 2006

I am tired of junk mail. I am tired of going to my accounts and finding phishing expeditions from people I don’t know, people I’ve never communicated with and who’s messages I delete immediately. I am tired of my e-mail boxes containing so much trash that it’s difficult to complete the business of checking my messages. If it weren’t so much trouble, I’d just cancel every account and start over again, but that wouldn’t help and it wouldn’t stop the junk e-mail. Besides, I don’t intend to let rude and inconsiderate people dictate the way I handle my life or business.

That said I’m going to have to take a day just to go through my boxes and clean them out. Because despite there are important e-mails in there that I must read. If the junk e-mail were really something that would bring in money, I don’t think I’d mind so much or maybe I would. It could be that the only thing I want to do is rant this morning.

The e-mails that irritate me the most are the one’s from across the world, that take God’s or one of His prophets names in vain. Here I’m taking about the e-mails that say its writer is suffering with some deadly and incurable, then ask to transfer a large sum of money to a bank account in America. These e-mails usually begin with “In …. Name” or something to that effect, they are offensive.

In fact, many junk e-mails are offensive. Most junk e-mails are offensive. I know that some of the business e-mails aren’t meant to be offensive, but they are. The intention of e-mails dated Mon Jan 18, 2038, is to keep the message at the top of the queue and get attention. These messages I deleted immediately, most of the time anyway. Sometimes I do check the messages, but not because I’m considering doing business with the person or the company. I check the message because I’m having a massive “writers’ block attack” and I’m desperate for inspiration. Today I deleted all of them without checking the message inside.

No comments: