Friday, October 20, 2006

Absent

5 Ilm 163 B.E. - October 20, 2006

I’ve been absent from this blog for a while. It isn’t that I didn’t have anything to write about. It isn’t that nothing is happening in my life. There are lost of things happening. I went to the Feast of Ilm on Sunday evening. On the way I smelled something getting hot in the car, but I check the heat gage on the car and it looked normal. Anyway to make a long story short I’m taking the car in Monday to have some work done on it.

As I said, I’ve been absent from this blog a while. I’ve been absent since 16 October. For me that is a while, especially considering the things going on in my life since then. Tuesday we walked to the bank and then went to the grocery story. The reason for that had to do with the car. I thought the car needed transmission fluid and I didn’t have any in the garage or anywhere else. So I went to get transmission fluid and something to eat.

OK, never mind that I have no concept of how to add transmission fluid to the car. I finally figured out how to check the fluid and found out where to add it if it need, but it didn’t need transmission fluid. There is something else wrong. My logic was absent on the transmission fluid idea. I got the transmission fluid, then I read the auto manual to see how to check and add the fluid. Then I realized that there are two different types of transmission fluid. Fortunately the type of fluid I bought, was equivalent to the type my car calls for, so I lucked out there. Actually, I doubt that luck had anything to do with that. Baha’u’llah was taking care of me.

I have learned one or two thing when it comes to cars. First, look at the manual when I need to check a fluid I’ve never dealt with before. Second, when in doubt take the car to a mechanic. So Monday, October 23, I’m taking it to a mechanic and having the seal on the engine taken care of. Seems the problem is an oil leak, which I knew about, but didn’t realize it was as bad a what it is.

I am going to attempt not to be absent from this blog in the near future. This is the first entry in the alphabetical theme I’m working on right now. I haven’t decided what the title of the other entries will be, but I am looking forward to see what pops up. Other than the car, everything in my life is … well let’s just call it interesting, intriguing and humorous. Well maybe humorous isn’t the right word, but neither is stressful. Occurrences appear to be half way between the two. Oh well, at least my sense of humor isn’t absent.

No comments: