Monday, July 24, 2006

Random Ramblings

12 Kalimat 163 B.E. – July 24, 2006 A.D.

I don’t know what’s going on with me lately. I haven’t made a blog entry in a while, my reason is I’ve focused on writing a paper for my class. Actually, I don’t know what’s going on with me right now. I’m sitting staring at the screen considering what to write and nothing comes to mind. OK, so I’ve gotten that out of my system, now maybe I can write.

Went to bed early last night and lay looking out the window at Metro’s Copter fly over. Don’t know what was going on in this neighborhood, but they were looking for something. Anyway, as I said, I went to be early, which means I got up early this morning. Got up and worked on the paper that’s due Sunday, but I want to post by Wednesday. It’s the discussion board and it is an annotated bibliography of educational websites. It’s just four websites, but they have to be something I can use. I’ve found three websites that qualify, but haven’t found a fourth yet.

I’ve got two papers due on Saturday. The other has to do with educational standards. I have to form an opinion on them and then find sources that both refute and agree with my opinion. That’s fun, I’ve already found a few documents on the subject. I’m going to read them before writing down what my opinion is, I mean there’s no use in forming an opinion before one has a few fact anyway. I’ve got enough articles downloaded to make an informed opinion, actually probably more than enough. I always think I need more articles in research than I use.

I’ve got other writing to do, but thought I’d better make a blog entry first. Writing, prayer, and reading the Baha’i scriptures (not necessarily in that order) always change my attitude. I can be in a bad or lousy mood and read the writings of the Bab, Baha’u’llah, or ‘Abdu’l-Baha and my mood with change. I can be on the verge of tears, say a prayer and I no longer want to cry. Writing works too, but not as quickly and reading the sacred scripture. When I write I have to write for over five minutes before my mood changes. I guess that’s all I have to write in this blog today, if it isn’t I’ll make another entry later on.

No comments: