Saturday, July 08, 2006

My Harley Cap

15 Rahmat 163 B.E. – June 8, 2006 A.D.

It’s been windy lately. As I’m typing this the limbs of the stone pine tree in my front yard are swaying. The birds don’t seem to mind the wind, it not blowing hard enough to bother them, but it blowing hard enough to blow my hair into my eyes and make it generally difficult to keep my hair looking good. That’s why I carry a hair brush in my purse, so that when I get anywhere I’ve got something to make my hair lay down, at least until I get out in the wind again.

Of course, it really doesn’t matter if the wind blows or not because when I drive I drive with the windows down. You see I have four forty five air conditioning in my care. I roll down all four windows and drive forty-five miles an hour. Not only can that mess up my hair, but my hair gets in my face when I’m driving and I have to push it out of my eyes. That gets a bit irritating sometimes. So I need to do something to keep my hair out of my eyes when I’m driving. Now the obvious solution would be to either get my haircut or get hair spray.

I’ve never been know to go for the obvious solution. I usually find the least obvious or the off-the-wall solution. Anyway, that brings me back to the wind and my leather Harley-Davidson cap, at least I think it’s leather, it looks like leather and it has the Harley-Davidson logo on the front.. Yesterday or the day before, I went out to put the car back into the garage and, for some reason, put on the cap. As a result, the cap held my hair in place in the wind. So from now on, when I’m driving I’m going to wear the cap. It’ll keep my hair from getting into my eyes, I’m what use is having the cap if it’s not being used.

Someone give me the cap a couple of years ago and it’s been hanging in my room ever since. Just hanging there on the bookcase doing nothing, but no longer because it’s going to be worn, by me. And since I keep a hair brush in my purse, I can always take the cap off and brush my hair when I’m wearing a dress. I can always put the cap in my purse if I don’t want to leave it in the car.

No comments: