Sunday, July 09, 2006

Getting My Thoughts Organized

Day Month 163 B.E. – Month Day – Day, 2006 A.D.

Writing help me get my thoughts straight. I know that sometimes when I’m writing this blog my subject and my thought wonder across the landscape. That isn’t going to stop, in fact it may get even worse in the coming five weeks. That because I started a new class today and I need to get my thoughts for the assignments organized. So rather than attempting to write about the assignment and keep my blogs (yes, I wrote blogs) updated, I’m going to use the blog posts to organize my thoughts. This way I can concentrate on the class and keep my blogs up-to-date at the same time. It’s called multitasking, I think my grandmother had another term for doing more than one thing at a time, but right now I can’t remember what.

Anyway, as I was saying I started a new class today. It is EDU660 Curriculum Design and Evaluation. I have two assignments due each week, one of the assignments is a discussion board project (maybe I should say paper, project makes it sound tremendous) and the other is an individual paper. The discussion board project is a maximum of seven paragraphs and the individual paper covers several pages. The format is APA, which, judging from earlier classes I seem to have a problem achieving. Oh well, it is a learning experience and I’ve learned a lot about myself. I’m going to learn a lot more as well.

I haven’t been writing a lot about the classes before, but I have a goal of getting an A in this class, which means I have to do something different than I did in the earlier classes. The grade’s in those classes were Bs and a C, so to get an A in this one I have to do something different. I had to ask myself, (to quote Dr. Phil) “How’s that working for you?” The way I was doing it wasn’t working for me, so I’m changing the way I approach the work and how I do it. If these works better than it has so far, my readers are in for a lot of interesting topics and intriguing approaches to those topics. That’s all for now, if you are interested in what’s coming up come back and see how my mind works.

No comments: