Friday, July 15, 2005

Feast of Word

3 Kalimat 162 B.E. (July 14-15, 2005 A.D.)

Every word has a different flavor. Some words have simple flavors and other words complicated flavors. It is the job of a poet to combine those flavors into recipes that are savory.

Well it is a start. I am not sure where it is going at this time, but it is going someplace. Got this idea a few days ago when I went to Feast and have been trying to work on it. However, I seem to have hit a brick wall. Nothing seems to come. It isn't a case of writer's block because I have written other things and even submitted a couple of items. Not sure what is happening with this piece. Maybe I need to do a free write or try associating flavors with words. This happens every once in a while, I start an essay or poem and it doesn't go any where. I usually let it lay for a while and then get back to the piece I'm writing. I've got other things to work on so I'll let this one lay a while and see what I come up with. It's just bugging me that it won't go anyplace right now.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Some times
many times i wonder why riters rite

to me riting about my life my feelings my pet hates, etc.,

seems such a waste of time
life was given by God for living
and not riting about it


but i do rite a lott on my blogg
hehehe.... it seems so much easier than travelling by bus or train or plane and visiting far off places to see beauty first hand .....

now in dis virtual world all the beauties of nature can be seen at the click of a mouse..

The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

I like the idea and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Saby,

to me, writing is part of life. it's as involved as breathing, eating, drinking, laughing, crying.

i understand what you mean, life is meant to be lived, not observed and recorded like some dry dead papyrus.

i agree, life was given by God to be lived, but for me writing about what I have lived allows me to share my life, my love of life, my love of God. it also allows me, in some small way, to pour out what has been poured in.

does that makes any sense?