Thursday, June 08, 2017

Thursday Thoughts on Life

Someone, I forget who, said that "life is a journey, not a race". I'm thankful for that because with my walker I can race very fast. Come to think about it, I never was very fast or athletic. I always preferred reading, listening to music, or picnicking as opposed to playing sports. I enjoyed going to The Lake ( don't know if it had a name because we always called it The Lake) with my grandparents and  swimming around their boat dock. 

I never was a very good swimmer, but since we always wore lifejackets I didn't think it matter. In the summer, we would go to The Lake where we would swim, waterski, and fish off the boat dock. That was fun, especially around the Fourth of July because we always stayed the night so that we could set off fire works. Grandpa always made sure we celebrated Independence Day. 

I was going to write more about how we celebrated Independence Day and other holidays with my grandparents. Unfortunately, I was interrupted by a telephone call. The call was about mindfulness and positive thinking. These two are important because without them a person will be unhappy and depressed all the time which has an effect on a person's health. Anyway the gist of the message is that this week I'm supposed to be mindful of what's troubling me. If I can do something about it, I need to. If I can do anything about the problem then I need to let it go. Letting go is an important  part of life's journey because it helps a person's physical, emotional, and spiritual health. 

No comments: